What a beautiful Indian summer we’re having! These pics (just scroll down) are from the glorious St Brelade’s and Ouaisné beaches – easily accessible from Porthole Suites Jersey! Here’s an idea:
Walking to St Brelade, Jersey, from Porthole Suites
- Walk up the hill along a couple of leafy lanes from Porthole Suites self-catering accommodation
- Cross over La Route de Noirmont and walk a short way left
- Walk down to Ouaisné beach through a tree-lined lane with peeks of what’s to come
- (Optional: Stop for a cuppa or other beverage at The Kiosk or The Smugglers Inn)
- Walk along to Ouaisné until you get to St Brelade’s beach – at this time of year it is warm enough to paddle and swim 🙂 If the tide’s in, you can walk over the wooded headland (Point le Grouin) that divides the two beaches
- Enjoy a drink, snack or meal at one of the many cafés and restaurants lining the bay… or take a picnic to enjoy on the beach
- Reverse the walk or catch the number 12 bus back – it drops you less than one minute’s walk from your front door!
Driving to St Brelade
NOTE: If you want to drive, there is plenty of parking there. It’s free at The Wayside café (so long as you are using their facilities!), and very cheap in the main car parks (one unit, currently 74p lasts 2 hours); there are no parking fees here from October to the end of March.
Photos of St Brelade’s Bay
Hope you like these pics!